Sunday, March 15, 2015

Cherry Blossom EyeShadow

Hello Everyone! S here!

I have been away on a little getaway and am feeling so refreshed and excited about the up coming season!

Lately I've been inspired by all of these fresh spring colours in nature! The pink in the trees, the soft purples and yellows in the flowers, the bright greens in the healthy quenched greenery! I've been so appreciative of the changing season, that I've started to draw on it for makeup inspiration!

So how many of you out there have a huge array of colourful eye shadows that you never use? they are so pretty.... but do we actually use them?! Even though I use neutral eye shadows everyday, I for some reason suddenly have a drawer full of new pink, purple, yellow, green, and blue shadows!

I guess in my heart I heard a humming... spring spring spring is coming!

So I decided to start playing around with some of these colours, and have come up with an easy technique for using colourful shadows effectively!

Last Monday I wore purple shadow to work,  and the next day pretty pink! I channeled my inner Elsa  on Wednesday and wore blue Shadow (I even put my hair in a fluffy braid)!
It felt fresh and was fun to be a lil' funky and colourful!

I find it fun to challenge my confidence by pushing little boundaries that I have set for myself!

Here is a tutorial of how I use my colourful eye shadow in an effective and pretty way!


This won't be everyone's thing! But it is fun to try new things and be daring!

Be rainbow birthday surprise ice cream not vanilla!

Today I am going to show you my 'Cherry Blossom' Eye shadow Look:

Cherry Blossom Eye shadow


What You Need:

 Products:
 NYX Jumbo Pencil in the colour 'Milk'.  London Drugs






A Setting spray: I used my ELf Setting Mist. NYX also makes an affordable one.












Wet and Wild: I'm Getting Sunburnt
Wet and Wild: Sweet as Candy
ELF: Single shadow in the colour 'teal'. Similar colours are sold at drugstores :) Any aqua blue colour will work!

After finding Wet and Wild eye shadow I will never buy MAC eyeshadow again. These eye-shadows are super pigmented and come in gorgeous colours! Also they are like $3.99 at drugstores!

 Tools:
  • A small Fluffy Blending brush: I used my Sonia Kashuk one
  • A flat Packing Brush: I used my ELF Essential Brush They actually sell this one at Canadian Dollar stores
 Step 1: Get some tape and line it up from the corner of your eye to the end of your eye brow. If you have no clue what I am talking about click here to read more about this technique! This is the first time I have used tape for my eyeshadow in a long time, I almost forgot how great it makes it look!



Step 2:  Using the NYX Jumbo pencil I made a base for my eye shadow. This will allow the colours of my eye shadow to show up brighter. It also acts as a primer and highlight. I applied it like so!

Step 3: Using my ring finger, I gently blend out the white. It looked like this when I was done! I made sure not to sheer it out too much in the original placement areas.

Step 4: Next I spray my packing brush with the ELF setting Spray. This is a great packing method because it helps you pick  up a lot of product.

Step 5: With the damp/wet packing brush I pick up the white colour in the 'Sweet as Candy' Trio and pack it onto all of the original white areas (see step 2) I made sure to concentrate the shadow on the actual eyelid.
Step 6: With the blending brush I then picked up the pink colour in the "Sweet as Candy Trio" and moved it across the crease of my eyelid back and forth, and down along the edge of the tape.blend blend blend, this should not be a hard line. I only go about half way across my eyelid. I showed the area in green below. The purpose of this lighter pink it to build the intensity and give depth to the overall look.

Step 7: Next I am going to do the exact same thing, except this time with the darker pink from the 'I'm Getting Sun burnt' Trio. This picture is what it looks like before you start blending.


Step 8: I Blend blend blend along that crease until it is nice and smooth like below and not chunky like above.
 

Step 9: At this point I put on my eyeliner, using the tape to guide my winged tips. After the eyeliner, I remove the tape and use my blending brush to lightly and slightly blend out the hard line left from the tape.

you could just pop on mascara and leave it at that! This looks very pretty! But if you want the full big eyed colour enhancing look then keep reading!

Bottom Lash Line:

Step 1: Spraying the packing brush with the setting spray once more, I pick up the Teal ELF colour on the edge (ridge, tip, whatever it is called) of my packing brush.

Starting at the tip of my eyeliner wing I press this colour just below the eyeliner line and just below my bottom lashes.
 I fade out as I get toward the inner corner of my eye, because I then pick up  the 'Sweet as Candy' White and apply it along the last 2 cm of my lower lash line (to the inner corner of my eye). I tied to show what I mean in the picture below. Blue along the wing and under the eye, and then white it the inner corners. This will make my eyes look larger.
Sorry I didn't have an open eye/post tape/lower lash pic!
See the pics below if you are at all confused, they show the blue line really nicely! :)

Step 2: Using the NYX Jumbo pencil I fill in my lower water line. This will make my eyes look wayyy larger.

Step 3: Finally I apply a hefty amount of mascara on my bottom and top lashes. Making sure they are separated and fanned out!

TA DA! The look is complete!
I was very happy with the final look, and absolutely LOVE that blue along the lower lash line and up the edge of the eyeliner! Those last three steps make your eyes look so big and pretty!



I have very narrow eyes, but look how big they look here!
cameleon eyes.. they look dark green here.
Has Spring inspired you?!
Kitten Mews:  kitten thinks he is big man on campus because he is now let out for a few hours everyday... But he is still a kitten... he is sooooo tiered when he comes inside that he passes out before he can make it to a bed or sofa.

No comments:

Post a Comment